Wednesday 18 December 2013

1 of the 13 GrandChild's xmas gift

Well things are moving along well, I found a lovely bright piece which I thought would be good for one of our younger grandkids ( will be 3 Feb)


and then
I cut out some of the main animal features
and found some interesting, bubble, waves and bolds in my stash ( thanks Linda)
 sewed a few together like this
and made a lot (have lots left over)
then added a bold corner square on opposite to the animal square
Decided to break it a bit by adding black ( have I told ya all yet how much I love black)
And added my special scrappy edge I love to do
then added a lovely bright backing my Grand daughter will love as she loves balls
Just did 4 Quilting lines to stabilize the quilt, tried going round a block but wasnt thrilled with it , need more practise.This is just in time for Saturday we drop it off.
On the road for a few days from early Saturday, over to the Mount for a 2 day break then Housesitting Tauranga ( taking my new sewing machine yay, have 2 quilt tops to finish basting and binding. Have lots of ideas about projects to start, the problem is which first :)






2 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been busy!! Will all 13 grandchildren be wanting a quilt?!?!?! Have a lovely Xmas. L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have 4 orders :P, we shall see..Have a delightful Xmas Linda, read and soak up the sun :) Well if it appears.

      Delete