Saturday 28 December 2013

My first patchwork Cushion

Using Molli Sparkles' ideas as inspiration and following the guidelines as explained I managed to do this sweet little cushion.
Firstly here is Molli Sparkles Cushion
And I took the idea and just played with it a bit.

Found a "thift shop" bargain Hannah Montana Pillowcase all purples/lilac/white with her name written every which way and because it was a test piece I made some very small squares using 1" string peices.
I didn't take a before shot of the pillowcase which I regret now. Found this image online of the whole set but I had just ONE pillowcase


My camera does not do justice to the colours, they are more purple/pink.
I made an envelope back in a slight stretch material
finished size 11 inches.
I tried quilting the top, but I really need a walking foot for my new machine, after doing half the top I unpicked it all and left it plain.
PS need a quickunpick too, one did not come with machine.





No comments:

Post a Comment