Wednesday 11 December 2013

Tribal Quilt Top finished

Inspiration comes from the strangest things. I saw this tribal fabric table runner and placemats in a thrift shop last month.


Now Browns Yellows and Oranges are pretty much my least favourite colours, but I had an inspiration for this my 4th Quilt
So using mostly plain fabric this is what I got

Now I also have learnt, that I just love doing the edges in a funny scrappy band, as I did two quilts without a band and this is my second one with the same style of scrappy band.
Can't wait to get the filling and the backing done later this month.

I have a Large Tribal Print for the Backing which I will Border with the Main Caramel/orange colour to fit.



2 comments:

  1. Very creative - looking forward to seeing the finished quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Pity I can't take the whole thing to the Hospital to keep me occupied, as I sit and wait for hubby and his appointments and procedures to be done, 3 visits in Jan booked one a biggie day surgery. Maybe I shall start a small handsewn block set.

    ReplyDelete